Do you think you have what it takes to be a K-Laker?
Technical Support Representative Level I
We are a cloud-based content management software company that is focused on helping our customers process their transactional content in the cloud. Since our beginning 20 years ago, KnowledgeLake has been dedicated to building a rich company culture in which employee and customer satisfaction are our highest priorities.
We’re known for attracting top talent from around the world as well as for developing a best-in-class, modern content services platform. But we don’t stop there: we’re also recognized for being a great place to work.
KnowledgeLake’s culture is one centered on service and family. We believe that if we take care of our employees, the bottom line will take care of itself.
We offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package, unlimited PTO, and extensive professional growth and continuing education opportunities.
And lastly, our values function as a compass for our attitude and actions. At KnowledgeLake, the qualities we hold in high regard are integrity, innovation, teamwork, and lifelong learning.
Why join the Technical Support team?
If you want to be challenged on day one and put your technical skills to work, this is the job for you. If you have a strong desire to help others and like to engage with people, then this job will satisfy those desires.
Starting from the ground up, you will not only learn and support our history of on-premise products, but you will also learn about the detailed inner workings of our cloud product and its Azure-based infrastructure.
This is a ground-floor position that will open doors for becoming a services consultant, developer, QA analyst, or product manager.
What will you do?
The Technical Support Representative is typically responsible for handling incoming tickets from customers that are experiencing issues with one of our products. These could be issues with any one of our on-premise or with new, world-class, cloud scan, capture, or document processing solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in our company to help resolve customer issues. These folks are a great source of learning and will work with you daily to help resolve issues.
The bottom line is that you will be responsible for maintaining a good customer relationship and solving real world content management problems.
- Experience or interest in Azure, SharePoint, SQL, or PowerShell with Windows Server and Desktop Configuration are appreciated but not required.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies, and software and to jump into things you don’t know.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills to assist in resolving customer issues.
- Motivated to move into other roles in the organization is always a plus. These include things like Services, Engineering, and Training.
- Customer service experience is recommended.
- Professionalism in the office, on the phone, and in written word.
Technical Position Definition
Technical Support document definition of this position is:
- Ability to provide general post-sales product information.
- Hardware and software configuration.
- Questions on upgrade support.
- Collect relevant technical problem identification information.
- Perform base problem determination.
- Provide basic support on the standard protocols and features.
Day to Day Job Description
- 40 hours per week with schedules including the following depending on need:
- 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- 10 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Level 1 TSRs monitor the ticket system for new customer-entered requests including:
- Account Maintenance.
- Configuration and technical questions about our products.
- Assistance with troubleshooting our products.
- Walkthroughs of how to do things within the software.
- Tickets are worked in two manners.
- Working through text ticket system / email.
- Scheduling calls with customers.
- Support works directly with our development teams to help resolve support issues.
- Support is generally used as a stepping stone to move into other positions once product knowledge is developed. These positions include:
- Professional Services (Consultants and Installers)
- Development (Coding and Scripting)
- Product Management (Roadmap Planning, Customer Interviews, and Market Research)
Typical Day in the Life (Varies depending on the day)
- 20% - Testing
- 30% - Research on Issues / Questions
- 30% - Phone Calls with Customers
- 20% - Collaboration with Teammates on Issues