Do you think you have what it takes to be a K-Laker?
Job Title: Revenue Accountant
Reports To: VP of Finance & Operations
- Position Summary: As KnowledgeLake’s Revenue Accountant, your primary responsibility will be to execute proper accounting methods and adhere to ASC-606 and other key policies, while ensuring accurate month-end close. You will be responsible for a variety of general accounting tasks within the accounting department.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SaaS Revenue Recognition, ensuring ASC606 requirements.
- Professional Services Revenue Recognition (Billing Milestone, Fixed Bid, T&M Engagements)
- Invoice for SaaS agreements and legacy software maintenance contract renewals
- Post incoming payments to customer accounts
- Prepare weekly/monthly revenue reports
- Assist with month end close process including Journal Entries, and EOM reporting
- Process accounting related requests internally and externally
- Participate in YE Audits
- Participate in account collections and management of A/R Aging.
- Interact with the sales team to verify the accuracy of sales documents submitted accurate billing
- Maintain various schedules for prepaids, accruals, deferred revenue, etc.
- Calculate commissions and other incentives related to revenue
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and have a high level of discretion. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education & Experience: Degree in related field with 2-5 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, SaaS Optics and ASC606 strongly preferred.
- Able to work effectively independently, in a remote (virtual) team environment.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to engage with the business.
- Professional team-player, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Strategic, self-motivated, intellectually curious, innovative and resourceful.
- Detail-oriented, organized and proactive.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their manager or supervisor.