Gopher Electronics had been storing business documents, including packing slips, invoices, and purchase orders, on a shared network drive.
Documents were often accidentally deleted or duplicated and a cumbersome filing system made it hard or impossible to locate documents quickly, affecting business productivity.
Gopher Electronics implemented Microsoft SharePoint as first step to creating centralized document management solution, but needed a solution to streamline and automate document uploads.
They deployed KnowledgeLake Connect on top of SharePoint, taking about two weeks from license purchase to installation. Employees in multiple departments use KnowledgeLake Connect’s tight integration with Microsoft Office apps to upload documents straight to SharePoint.
Gopher Electronics also scans documents using a Canon DR-5030 scanner, resulting in PDFs that are uploaded to SharePoint.
- It eliminates the possibility of files being duplicated or deleted
- Documents can be checked out for editing and saved back to SharePoint
- Users can upload documents from Office in just three steps, helping to streamline and expedite routine business tasks
- Brings consistency to workflows
- Eliminates storage of important business documents on local PC drives or shared network drives
- Minimizes IT support needed for document management